"The Voice of Saskatchewan's Organized Trappers"
The Saskatchewan Trappers Association will be hosting the following events. All members are welcome to attend. If you are not currently a member, but would like to know more about how to join, stop by our membership page. Thanks!
Come see us at:
The Annual Summer Rendezvous
July 18 & 19, 2014
at Lady Lake Regional Park
For more information keep an eye on this site.
Zones 9 & 11
For More Information call:
10 km north of Preeceville on hwy #9, 2 km west.
There are campsites available at the park.
Phone # 306-547-3242
Come join us for a weekend of fun & fellowship.
See you there!
Motels & Hotels in the area:
Golden West Hotel
There are trout in Lady Lake – no gas motors allowed
- Activities will include Trap Setting Demos, Skinning Demos & more
- A weiner roast is scheduled for Thursday evening for those early
- Friday evening there will be a trap ‘yard sale’ at 7:30 p.m.
- Bring all your old traps & related items that you want to sell
- Saturday evening there will be a supper as well as the live auction
- There will be dealer tables with new & used trapping supplies
- There will be a raffle table as well as auction items
- All donations for the raffle and auction greatly appreciated
- There will be a Food Booth on the grounds
- Both Fur Auction houses will be in attendance
A Special thank you to all those who attended.
It was another awesome convention!
Thank you for your generous donations.
Some of our donors included:
SITE ENERGY Northwest Company LDL
Pierceland Credit Union Manitoba Trappers Assoc.
Hiway Mart Block H102 Block P-30 Tie Boss
Robertson Trading Post Zone 11 Zone 7 & 10 Zone 8
Gail's Mitts BC Trappers Assoc. Maverick Tanning
K.D. Ventures Andre's Cleaners Murray Dunn
Kevin's Custom Ag Zone 9 SDS Environmental
Jim & Julia Luthi Leonard & Elaine Greenhough
Pat Parkinson Kathy Thibodeau Tom & Shirley Paul
Willard & Faye Antonichuk Vern Studer Mike Keen
Mary Schellenburg Brody Rawlake Chris Rawlake
Jim Paul Wess & Henrietta Cragg Roscoe Farms
Garry & Darlene Newton Ron Wolfater Mel Stocking
Ron & Joyce Lorenz Glenda & John Woodrow
Don & Karen Gordon Glenda & Robbie Halkett
Jeanine & Mitch Forseille Russ Kerr Ted Guilland
Wrangler Hamm & anyone else who contributed that may have been overlooked.
This course is required for all first time trappers or fur harvesters prior to obtaining a fur license.
The course will cover
history of trapping and the
fur trade, current laws,
certified traps, effective
sets, fur handling, skinning
and pelt preparation. An exam
will conclude the class and
will obtain a certificate and
be eligible to obtain a fur
read your "Canadian Trapper" to
keep up on the times
(Please read your "Canadian Trapper" to keep up on the times
Nipawin, SK. S0E 1E0